Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Time to relax?

Being an 18 year old and having two jobs is not only difficult but exhausting as well. Every day is the same thing ; wake up at seven a.m. to go to school and then going to work from five to ten p.m. is a lot to take on. One may think that having two jobs is a good idea because it is a good way to save money for college and to buy nice things. In reality having two jobs in high school is the exact opposite of a good idea. For about six months now I have worked at two restaurants and the work that I do there is pretty strenuous. Not only do I get exhausted from full days of doing things I would rather not do, but I rarely get to spend quality time with my family. In August I will be leaving to attend my first year at Saint Cloud State University and I would appreciate spending a lot of time with my family before I leave. My family and I have always been very close but every since I started working two jobs I have not had all that much time to spend with them. Once in a while I have a few days off but I tend to always spend them with my friends. After thinking long and hard about how stressful having two jobs is i decided to quit one and only work at one place to enjoy my last months before I leave. Sunday will be my last day at one of my jobs and i am looking forward to next week. I have come to the conclusion that having time to myself will be a very good thing for me. I am excited to live the life that a high school student is supposed to live and enjoy having free time to spend with my family, friends and by myself.

1 comment:

  1. I think you will look back and think you made the right decision. Life isn't ALL about work :)

    ReplyDelete